NTA UGC NET 2019 Notification, Application Registration Online, Syllabus at ugc.ac.in (or) ntanet.nic.in
What is UGC NET?
Hai friends! I think you already heard about UGC NET. This article clears all your doubts regarding UGC NET, before going to know about UGC NET, you should know what is UGC?
UGC means University Grants Commission. This is a grant-giving agency, with two responsibilities. They are: Providing funds and coordination, determination and maintenance of standards in institutions of higher education. UGC advises the Central and state governments on the measures necessary for improvement of University Education.
UGC NET 2019
NET is National Eligibility Test. This is to test the eligibility for lectureship in University level and college level. This exam is conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency). CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) had conducted the UGC NET, but from July 2018, exam is by NTA. This exam is conducted twice a year.
|Name of the Exam||UGC NET|
|Responsible agency||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Exam conducting Agency||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Significance of the UGC NET||Test the eligibility for University level and college level lectureship|
|Exam interval||Twice a year|
|Official website||www.ntanet.nic.in (or) www.ugc.ac.in (For UGC website)|
You can check notification, exam dates, how to fill the application, syllabus, exam pattern, admit card download, etc in this article.
UGC National Eligibility Test Notification 2019:
The candidates interested in writing the NET can refer the notification for more details. Notification provides you the details about exam fees, exam date, application submission starting date and last date etc. The government had released the updated syllabus for June 2019 UGC NET session for the press. The following table gives you the tentative dates released by the Government.
|UGC NET||June 2019|
|Number of Subjects offered||82|
|Notification release||Last week February 2019|
|Starting date for application submission||March 01, 2019|
|Last date for application submission||March 30, 2019|
|Downloading Admit card/ Hall Ticket||15 May 2019|
|UGC NET Exam dates 2019||20, 21, 24, 25, 26, 27 and 28 June 2019|
|UGC NET 2019 results announcement||09 July 2019|
Eligibility Criteria for UGC NET 2019:
- The candidates having secured at least 55% (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or any other equivalent examination from universities recognized by UGC in Humanities, languages, social science, Electronic science, Computer science etc. are eligible for this test.
- There is relaxation of 5% i.e. 50% of minimum marks for OBC or SC or ST or PWD candidates.
- Candidates who are pursuing Master’s degree can write the exam and also whose result is still awaited can also eligible to write the exam. The candidates should complete their Masters degree within two years from the date of NET result.
|OC (OPEN CATEGORY)||Masters Degree or any equivalently recognized by UGC||55% in Masters degree and the subject for the exam should be Master degree subject or any equivalent to that|
|OBC or SC or ST or PWD||Masters Degree or any equivalently recognized by UGC||50% in Masters degree and the subject for the exam should be Master degree subject or any equivalent to that|
Exam pattern for UGC NET 2019:
The exam pattern for UGC National Eligibility Test is as given below.
- Mode of Examination:
- Exam is Computer Based Test (CBT).
- No negative marking.
- Test includes Objective type questions.
- Each question carries two marks.
- Exam pattern:
- Test contains 2 papers.
- Paper-I is for 100 marks and Paper-II is for 200 marks.
- There will be 30 minutes break between 2 papers.
|Paper||Marks||Number of Questions||Pattern||Duration|
|I||100||50||Questions related to teaching or research aptitude of the candidate. Designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking, general awareness of the candidate.||1 hour First shift: 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM Second shift: 2 PM to 3 PM|
|II||200||100||Questions based on the subject selected.||2 hours First shift: 11 AM to 1 PM Second shift: 3:30 PM to 5:30 PM|
Syllabus for UGC NET:
The candidate can check the syllabus by using the official website. www.ugcnetonline.in
UGC NET Age limit and Relaxation:
- The candidates should not be more than 30 years.
- A relaxation upto 5 years for OBC or SC or ST or PWD or Transgender or women applicants.
- Three years relaxation for candidates possessing LLM degree.
- Five years relaxation for candidates who have served in armed forces.
- Total age relaxation for any ground shall not exceed 5 years.
- Assistant professor: There is no upper age limit for applying assistant professor.
Exemption (Eligibility for Assistant professor):
- For SET candidates: This NET exam is exempted for the candidates cleared SET accredited by UGC for assistant professors.
- The candidates passed the UGC or CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989.
How to apply for UGC NET?
- Registration page: The candidate should fill the details.
- Candidate’s name or Mother’s name or Father’s name. These details should be filled as in Secondary School Certificate.
- Date of Birth
- Mobile number and E–mail address.
- Fill the application form: The candidates should note the registration number generated in the above step. And next fill the details like subject, PG Course, Choice of Examination centers.
- The candidate must select 4 exam centers.
- Upload scanned image and signature:
- Passport size photograph is to be uploaded. It should be 10KB to 200KB.
- The signature should be 4KB to 30KB.
- Payment: The candidates should pay the fee by e-challan or net-banking or credit card or debit card.
|OC||Rs. 800 to Rs. 1000|
|OBC||Rs. 400- Rs. 500|
|SC or ST or PWD or Transgender||Rs. 200|
UGC NET 2019 Admit card download:
The candidates can download their UGC NetAdmit cards/ Hall Tickets for National Eligibility test in the following procedure.
- Open the official website www.ntanet.nic.in
- Click on the link UGC NET 2019 admit card download.
- Enter your Application number and password or Application number and Date of Birth.
- Click on submit button
- Take printouts of admit card for future references.
How to Check UGC NET Results 2019 Online?
The candidates can download their results from the official website in the following procedure.
- Open the official website of NTANET ”
- Click on the link View result – “UGC NET Result 2019”.
- It opens a webpage.
- Enter details like Roll number, Date of Birth, security pin.
- Click on Submit button.
- Download your results and take a hard copy.
- Save it with you till the procedure is completed.
Universities offered by this exam: The candidates can check the official website of University Grants Commission www.ugc.ac.in to know the universities offered by UGC.
- On the home page of UGC website click on Universities column.
- Click on which type of universities you want to check, like Central, state, deemed, etc
- Next select your state to know the universities in your state.