The Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance Scholarship For those Impacted by Cancer @ mesothelioma.com/scholarship
What is Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance Scholarship: The Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance is the trusted information resource for individuals who have been diagnosed with Mesothelioma. The main theme of this trust is to provide the information related to the mesothelioma disease, diagnosis methods, precautions to be taken and more about the disease and to educate the people.
What is meant by Mesothelioma Cancer?
Mesothelioma is a rare, aggressive form of cancer that develops in lining of the lungs, abdomen, or in heart. The main reason to cause this cancer is asbestos. The people who have worked or been exposed to asbestos have the highest risk of developing mesothelioma.
The life expectation for mesothelioma patient is poor. There is no cure for the disease.
The mesothelioma cancer alliance will grant the scholarship award of $ 4000/- to one student each semester whose life is impacted by the cancer.
The main purpose of providing the scholarship is that to provide the financial assistance to the college students in their pursuit of higher education. If you have battled a form of cancer yourself, or witnessed a loved one receiving treatment, and want to hear the story.
Then how to apply for the Mesothelioma cancer alliance scholarship? What are the eligibility criteria for the scholarship and the selection process for the scholarship?
The below is the information at about the mesithelioma cancer.
How to apply for the Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance Scholarship?
The below are the steps to follow to apply for the Mesothelioma cancer alliance scholarship.
- First of all applicant must be the citizen of United States.
- And next applicant must submit a typed essay (500-1500) words or the video submission with the maximum length of minutes. Answering the following questions.
- How has cancer affected your life?
- How did you overcome this strong adversity?
- What would this scholarship mean to you? Why is it important?
- How has cancer affected outlook on your life and personal or career goals?
- After completion of answering all the questions which are provided above and then fill the application form by providing the necessary information like name, address, and other personal details.
- And attach the relevant documents along with the application.
Documents to be submitted along with the application
The below are the documents that have to submit along with the application form.
- Unofficial academic transcript.
- 2 letters of recommendation detailing why you should receive the scholarship.
- Information about honors you have received as well as any volunteers work. Please summarize in 1-2 sentence in each.
- Proof of enrollment at an accredited two-year or four year university, community college and junior college or a graduate degree program.
- This is the official letter verifying your enrollment or your class schedule for the current semester.
All the essay and videos along with the application form should be submitted no later than the dead line. That is 31st march 2018 for the fall semester and December 1st 2018 for the spring semester.
Eligibility Criteria for the Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance Scholarship
The below is the eligibility criteria for the mesothelioma cancer alliance scholarship. The students who are applying for this scholarship must be enrolled full-time at an accredited with two year or four year university. Community college or junior college, or a graduated degree program.
- The applicant must have battled cancer at any point in their lives (not limited to mesothelioma).
- Those who have a parent, siblings, immediate family members or close friend that has battled or is currently frightening with cancer.
- This scholarship is offered nationwide to united state citizens.
All college students in the United States are eligible but the student must be good in academic standings at their institution with a grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
Selection Process for the Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance Scholarship:
The below is the selection process for the mesothelioma cancer alliance scholarship. The authorities will select the candidates based on the submission of their details. The candidates who are selected for this mesothelioma scholarship are only they will get a call from the mesothelioma cancer alliance.
- Candidates selection process is made by the staff and authorities of the mesothelioma cancer alliance only.
- All the entries are reviewed by the staff of the alliance after the completion of the deadline.
- Winner will be chosen based upon the positive impact they have on them, strength in the face of adversity, commitment to academic excellence and financial needs.
- Decision of the panel based upon which student shows strength in the face of adversity, a need of financial asistannace.
- And also they select the candidate that who best uses their cancer experience to positively impact the lives of the other young adults.
- Medical hardship, a dedication to community service and a commitment to educational and professional goals will also be considered when making the final decision.
- If any attempt to falsify claims in an applicant’s story will result in immediate disqualification.
This is the process how the staff of alliance will select the candidate from all the received applications.
Mesothelioma cancer alliance blog:
Mesothelioma cancer alliance facebook:
Mesothelioma cancer alliance twitter:
Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance Scholarship Important dates:
- Last date for the applicants who are applying for the fall 2018 semester is Mach 31st 2018.
- December 1st 2018 is the last date for the applicants who are applying for the spring 2018 semester.
we will update in our next article about scholarships for students with grandparents with cancer @ https://www.apeamcet.org/
we are not responsible for any type of content mistakes in this website. For more information please visit the official Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance Scholarship given here. If you have any queries regarding the scholarship you can reach them at scholarships at mesothelioma.com.